As a Produce wholesaler you will be keen to streamline your sales and purchasing activities so that you buy at the best price, sell at the best margin and keep your waste to an absolute minimum. With the many product categories, varieties, types and origins to deal with, your daily analytics will be crucial for your decisions to have a positive effect on your business. From Dashboard overviews by commodity, category, supplier and customer to the granular detail in more complex reports, Diver will steer you through the day-to-day processes of making the correct decisions that will impact your bottom-line. You may also be a distributor.
Diver Platform and Diver Gateway
The Diver Platform with its latest interface Diver Gateway is flexible enough to create KPIs, dashboards, reports and Balanced Scorecards that allow you to monitor on a daily (or more frequent basis), all of the data you need to work with in your business, such as: sales by volume, weight, cases or items, debtor analysis and customer profiling. Diver Gateway allows you to keep up with what’s happening via mobile, tablet or PC, in depth or at an overview level, depending where you are or who is looking for the information.
In fact, if the raw data is there and you have a business rule or goal to go with it, Diver BI can deliver a means of monitoring any measure that you care to invent for your organisation.
Business Intelligence Insights for Produce
You will want to know things like:
- Are we losing business to our competitors and in what commodities?
- How do my sales compare to budget – have markets been affected by outside influences/weather/fuel prices since my budget was created?
- Can I analyse by case and weight?
- What percentage of my daily/weekly purchases was classified as waste?
- Are certain suppliers giving me quality issues?
- What percentage of my daily/weekly purchases were sold at below suggested margin to move them on before their use by date?
- What effect does seasonality have on my margin/sales?
- What effect does product origin have on cost?
- Can I harmonise categories across business units for meaningful reports?
- Can I incorporate external market data into my reports?
- Can I impose customer Calendars on the data?
- Do I know as soon as a gap appears in a regular sales pattern?
- Am I immediately aware if items are being sold at below the suggested margin?
- Are my goods on promotion causing an immediate associated uplift in sales?
- Are we ensuring that our stock levels match the predicted demand?
- Am I leveraging volume discounts from my suppliers?
- Am I ordering too many or too few of my top/bottom commodities?
- Is my order lead time/growing time adequate to meet demand?
- How do my sales team compare against each other?
- Which customers should I monitor for credit?
- Sales by value
- Sales by volume, weight, cases or items
- Margins by commodity
- Top commodities
- Bottom commodities
- ABC analysis of sales, customers & commodities
- Sales by operator/FTE
- Cost per FTE
- Sales by supplier
- Sales by floor space
- Stock turns
- Debtor analysis and customer profiling
- What-if scenarios
To read about how Diver has helped solve some real-world data management, governance and analytics problems see Case Studies