As a manufacturer not only do you need Business Intelligence applications to monitor your sales, purchases, stock and debtors, just like wholesalers, but you also have a production line to manage. Your MRP is critical to your business and does its job in managing the processes involved in getting your product out on time according to your quality requirements.
But often with MRP systems, getting new reports, and simply being able to “ask questions” of it are dependent on IT people with specialist knowledge. Dashboards which give you a visual status on production, sales and stock levels in one view, or alerts about shortages or time delays are often just not configurable in an MRP.
Configurable Manufacturing Insights
How do engineers quickly find ways to improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)?
How can plant managers find ways to cut scrap rates?
How can maintenance engineers proactively prevent machine failures?
Diver can sit on top of all your systems and gather in one place the information you need to steer you through the day-to-day processes of making the correct decisions that will impact your bottom-line. It will help you to find ways to increase output using existing resources, increase sales margins by reducing the costs of purchasing, and direct you towards more flexibility in your production schedules to meet customer demand. Diver will allow you to parameterise Run Rules and send alerts to indicate when things might be going wrong.
From Dashboard overviews to the granular detail in more complex reports, Diver will enable you to get at the crucial information just when it matters.
Business Intelligence Insights for Manufacturing
In addition to many of the insights for wholesalers, you will want to know things like:
- How much downtime has there been on each machine?
- What are the current causes of downtime and are any of them preventable?
- What machine parts are on back order and can I source them elsewhere?
- Should I be keeping more spare parts in stock?
- Are there more quality issues than last year and in what processes?
- Are some of my QA inspectors more vigilant than others?
- What are my defect rates?
- Are my suppliers delivering on time?
- Are my revenues meeting targets?
- Is my output at its full potential?
- Are my costs in line with budgeted costs?
- How many of my customer orders are delivered on time?
- What is my cash on hand?
- Yield and waste by line
- Completed units by line
- Units assembled by line/station
- Completed units by shift
- Sales by value
- Sales by volume, cases or items
- Margins by product, category
- Top products
- Bottom Products
- ABC analysis of sales, customers & products
- Sales by category
- Sales by operator/FTE
- Cost per FTE
- Sales by area/salesperson
- Stock turns
- Debtor analysis and customer profiling
- Sales vs projected sales or budget
- What-if scenarios
The Kellett Group turned their business around from a loss-making but very busy working environment to a healthy profitable business within only 12 months by using Diver to help them manage their processes clearly. Sean Browne, their Finance and Operations Director said ““I’m 25 years in business, and I can categorically say that Diver was without question the best business investment decision I have ever made”. Read more in this case study: Kellett Group
A Short Video Demonstrating one such Diver Application
For more information on our capabilities in this sector, why not visit Dimensional Insight’s dedicated web page?
To read about how Diver has helped solve some real-world data management, governance and analytics problems see Case Studies