Pharma Manufacturers and Distributors
As an individual working for a Pharma manufacturer you will know that your organisation has a huge amount of data to deal with. This data originates from various sources and suppliers with different user interfaces which means that without a BI application you are constantly jumping from one application to another just to get at the bits of information you need.
Diver will help by automatically sifting through all this data to get at the relevant information for decision-making, without the need for IT resources to set up and manage the reporting . It can combine the disparate sources into one portal, where you can analyse e.g. market dynamics, drug trial results, competition and sales, wholesaler transactions to pharmacies and hospitals, doctor databases, market research data on prescribing patterns, and price lists. And anything else you can think of that will aid your decision making!
The end user of your product is always a patient but you do not sell to patients directly, so it can be difficult to track sales or the effect of product launches.
Pharma distributors can provide distribution/pharmacy sales information via secure web portals for suppliers to monitor more closely the sales of their respective drugs.
Pharmacy chains typically need to analyse their dispensary data as well as their shop sales, stock and purchasing data, and combine both for a total overview of their business.
Besides the similarities with the insights from Retail, Diver can also bring prescription and customer analysis together in one secure portal. Managing expiry dates is also a crucial element of the Diver reporting toolbox – alerting services, event scheduling and highly customisable security control and encryption are all standard functionality. For more insights on retail see the Retail page.
Business Intelligence Insights for Pharma
You will want to know things like:
- Can we report on both price growth and volume growth?
- What are the effects of generic competition?
- How is a product doing during its launch period?
- Can I analyse by portfolio?
- Can I analyse drug trial results?
- Can I compare hospital sales real price vs list price?
- Can I report by pharmacy classifications?
- Can I combine patient data from market research with sales data?
- What are the effects of doctor targeting?
- Can I standardise my reporting across a multi-company organisation?
- Can I create pricing indices?
- Can I monitor cost of call data?
- How do my sales team compare against each other?
In this highly regulated industry we can deliver everything you need in a secure way, using Diver Platform and Diver Gateway technology, via desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile. You can choose dashboards, reporting or deep analysis through any of these delivery methods.
To read about how Diver has helped solve some real-world data management, governance and analytics problems see Case Studies