Whether you are an independent wholesaler or an individual working for a large chain of wholesale outlets, your daily analytics will be crucial for your decisions to have a positive effect on your business.
From Dashboard overviews to the granular detail in more complex reports, Diver will steer you through the day-to-day processes of making the correct decisions that will impact your bottom-line.
You may also be a distributor.
Business Intelligence Insights for Wholesale
You will want to know things like:
- Are we losing business to our competitors and in what products?
- Do I know as soon as a gap appears in a regular sales pattern?
- Am I immediately aware if items are being sold at below the suggested margin?
- Are my goods on promotion causing an immediate associated uplift in sales?
- Are we ensuring that our stock levels match the predicted demand?
- Are we converting our quotations?
- Am I leveraging volume discounts from my suppliers?
- Am I ordering too many or too few of my top/bottom lines?
- Are all my outlets performing in the same or different ways?
- How do my sales team compare against each other?
- Which customers should I monitor for credit?
- Can I determine my sales by trip classifications?
- Do I know my stock turns?
As well as other basics like trading period comparisons of:
- Sales by value
- Sales by volume, cases or items
- Margins by product, category, department, store
- Top products
- Bottom Products
- ABC analysis of sales, cusomers & products
- Sales by category and department
- Sales by operator/FTE
- Cost per FTE
- Sales by area/salesperson
- Sales by supplier
- Sales Like-for-Like across all stores
- Sales by floor space
- Stock turns
- POS movements for shelf replenishment
- Debtor analysis and customer profiling
- Hourly/daily trends
- Sales vs projected sales or budget
- What-if scenarios
In addition, as well as your shop based sales you will need to know as much information as you can gather about your customers’ online buying behaviour, in order to suggest cross-sell and up-sell items at the appropriate points of the buying process.
Whether it’s “click and collect” instore collection sales, or online and delivery, you will want to analyse what happens if you suggest products as alternatives to those selected – with lower price but higher margin for example, or products that have an affinity. If you are out-of-stock of a preferred item can you save the sale by providing an “as good as” substitute?
Are you able to automatically collate online and EPOS sales so that you always know your stock position?
Easy access to all of this information will help you drive how you position yourself online.
Diver can combine data from a variety of sources and allows you to get to the nitty-gritty of whatever you need to analyse from new and promotional activities.
To read about how Diver has helped solve some real-world data management, governance and analytics problems see Case Studies