As a distributor your focus will not only be on sales, but also on the costs and logistics of getting your products to your customers on time. Your daily analytics will be crucial for your decisions to have a positive effect on your business. From Dashboard overviews to the granular detail in more complex reports, Diver will steer you through the day-to-day processes of making the correct decisions that will impact your bottom-line.
Business Intelligence Insights for Distributors
In addition to all the same insights for wholesalers you will also want to know things like:
- Can I compare costs per delivery, by delivery method?
- Are some of my delivery routes more cost effective than others?
- How can I combine a view of vehicle maintenance costs with staff costs from payroll to get an overall picture?
- How do my delivery operators compare against each other?
- Are there better times of day or night to drive certain routes?
- Can I offer better rates to customers who will order more volume, less frequently by looking at what-if scenarios?
- Can I reduce my carbon footprint by altering my delivery routines?
- Can I compare on premises sales with delivered sales and their associated real costs?
- What is my real margin when comparing different sale types?
- Are there significant differences in the performance of my sales people owing to differences in geography?
As well as other basics like trading period comparisons of:
- Sales by value
- Sales by volume, cases or items
- Margins by product, category, department, store
- Top products
- Bottom Products
- ABC analysis of sales, cusomers & products
- Sales by category and department
- Sales by operator/FTE
- Cost per FTE
- Sales by area/salesperson
- Sales by supplier
- Sales Like-for-Like across all stores
- Sales Like-for-Like across all delivery routes
- Sales by floor space
- Stock turns
- POS movements for shelf replenishment
- Debtor analysis and customer profiling
- Hourly/daily trends
- Sales vs projected sales or budget
- What-if scenarios
To read about how Diver has helped solve some real-world data management, governance and analytics problems see Case Studies